Sunday, July 18, 2010

Asian Chicken Salad

I've been wanting to start my own blog for awhile. Somewhere I can post all my favorite recipes. I hope you find some good dinner ideas here. I should tell you though, that I don't like to measure. I tend to look at a recipe and then add a little more or a little less, so some of my recipes won't have exact measurements.
This first recipe is something I make all. the. time. It's great on those hot summer days. I probably make this salad about 3 or 4 times a month. It's also a great way to use up all those veggies you have in your fridge.

Asian Chicken Salad with Hoisen Vinaigarette


Hoisen Venaigarette
1/3 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup canola oil
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely grated
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)

Salad

Romaine lettuce
Cucumber
Tomato
Green onions
Bell Pepper (any color, I like red or green)
Chow Mein Noodles
Slivered Almonds

Add all the vinaigrette ingredients except the chicken. (I like to pour it all in a big baggie.) Remove 1/2 cup and set aside to dress the salad. Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces and add to the baggie. Marinate 10 minutes. Cook chicken in saucepan until cooked through. I usually add some of the marinade about halfway through cooking to keep the chicken moist. Chop the veggies for the salad. I actually like to serve a 'decontructed' salad, so my three year old can pick and choose what he wants. I just serve each component of the salad in seperate bowls.

No comments:

Post a Comment