Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Split Pea Soup

I made this soup the other day, expecting to make PBJs for the kids, and probably Nathan. Much to my surprise, Nathan and Oakley both liked it! Enoch however did not, but he doesn't like any kind of soup. I've never made Split Pea Soup, or cooked with Barley, so this whole recipe was new to me. I didn't follow the recipe exactly. I skimped on the celery, onion and carrots; either because I didn't have enough, or thought it sounded like too much. I wish I would have added the full amount. I also was afraid that I'd have chunks of veggies, eventhough I diced them pretty small. The veggies all but melt away in the slow cooker. I ended up adding more garlic powder to make up the missing taste. Next time I will also chop the ham smaller so that I don't get a chunk of ham, but I'm not a big meat person. I served these in bread bowls, and it was so good at the end when the bread and the soup melded. MMMMM

Split Pea Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment